FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 15, 2017
BEAR ACHIEVES RECORD HIGH SPONSORSHIP FOR 2017 EVENT
Dahlonega's Bear on the Square Mountain Festival has revealed a record high number of sponsors for its 21st annual festivities, which will be held around the town's Historic Public Square the weekend of Saturday and Sunday, April 22-23.
Richard Davidow, who chairs the Sponsor Opportunities program for the non-profit festival organization, said, "Having this number of sponsors sign on for the 2017 Bear festival is a clear indication of the positive feeling the businesses, organizations and people of this area have for our event. Staging a free-to-the-public festival this large every year requires a tremendous outpouring of time and financial support. We've always been fortunate to have a large and loyal contingent of volunteers, and sponsorships rank not only among our most important sources of funding, but are also a critical part of our ability to carry out our mission, which is to celebrate and preserve the music, traditional craft and folkways of the Southern Appalachian region."
A total of 24 businesses and organizations signed on as major sponsors of this year's 21st Annual festival, many of whom are repeat sponsors.
There are three Festival Level sponsors. These include:
* John C. Campbell Folk School
* Medical Plaza 400, a service of Northeast Georgia Health System (NGHS)
* Troncalli Subaru
Sixteen Event/Venue Level sponsors are on the listing, including:
* Founding Sponsor: The Pender Family
* Heritage Sponsor: Billy Roper Folk Art
* MainStage Co-Sponsors: The Home Depot Dahlonega and Adams Insurance Agency/Country Financial
* Food Court Sponsor: Cellular Sales/Verizon
* Bears Den Sponsors: Montaluce Winery and Urban Tree Cidery
* Marketplace Sponsor: LeafFilter
* Moonlight Jam Sponsor: Jekyll Brewing
* Workshops Sponsor: United Community Bank
* Storytelling Sponsor: Southern Order of Storytellers
* Gospel Jam Sponsor: The Crimson Moon Café
* Hospitality Sponsor: Gibbs Gardens
* Auction Food Co-Sponsors: Shenanigans Restaurant & Irish Pub and the Bourbon Street Grille
* Media Sponsor: Flint & Steel Studios
There are five Artist Level sponsors, including The Smith House (The Howlin' Brothers); Appalachian Contracting of Dahlonega (Ugly Cousin); Foothills Family Medicine (BlueBilly Grit); Harrison Plumbing of Flowery Branch (The Georgia Crackers); and SouthEastern Bluegrass Association (Crooked Mile).
Glenda Pender, president and co-founder of Bear on the Square Mountain Festival Inc., said, "We want to express our heartfelt appreciation to the festival's sponsors for their vital role in helping make the festival possible every year. Our event celebrates and focuses on traditional mountain music and art, and our sponsors' support is vital to helping keep alive the heritage of these mountains, a treasure we don't want to let get away from us. Bear on the Square is a non-profit organization, with all proceeds going back into presenting the yearly event and supporting other efforts to maintain awareness of our regional culture."
For more details about the 2017 Bear Festival, including the complete lineup of performers and artists, schedules of all activities (including the yearly Country Auction on Friday, April 21), information about sponsors, and updates between now and the event, visit www.bearonthesquare.org.