It takes about 150 volunteers to put on our festival every year. Our volunteers not make our festival great, they have a great time! Come join us!
Check out our list of volunteer opportunities. See one you like? Request a job when you register. Perhaps you aren't sure which job fits your style or interests. That's okay, register anyway, and we'll fit you with the perfect volunteer opportunity. Oh, and we will train you. Questions? Contact David Connolly, Volunteer Coordinator, (email@example.com) for more information or to volunteer.
- Merchandise Salesperson. This job is a lot of fun! Festival visitors love our caps, t-shirts, and other Bear merchandise. We are looking for folks to work two-hour shifts during festival hours. We have two booth locations: one in the main music tent and one on the square. Saturday hours for the main tent are 9:00 am until 8:00 pm and hours for the tent on the square are 9:00 am until 6:00 pm. For Sunday, both locations are open from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm We will train you and make sure you are doing what you love! Register with Bear .
- CD Salesperson. Sell CD's for musicians performing at the Festival. This is an important service for performers who are playing on stage and can't accommodate customers who want to buy their music. This work requires focus and attention to detail, assisting with reconciling sales with inventory. (Special training provided.) Register with Bear or, if registered, contact Jean Busbee for more information.
- Storytelling Volunteers. If you enjoy listening to stories and meeting story artists, then this is the place for you! There will be five 30-minute sessions on Saturday and two 30-minute sessions on Sunday. We need volunteers to help straighten up the chairs and the stage before and after a story session, watch over the merchandise table at the storytelling venue in Hancock Park, and watch the story artists in action and clap and cheer for them. Register with Bear or, if registered, contact Debbie From for more information.
- Beer, Cider and Wine Tent.
- Parking Traffic Guide. If you can bend your elbow, point your finger, and smile, then we want you! Serve as a parking guide (two hour shifts) and make Bear on the Square a great event. Register with Bear or, if registered, contact Jim White for more information.
- Live Auction Table Manager. Your job is to line up the auction items for the "Vannas" and "Vans."Have a great time at the Friday Night Auction, while being a part of the crew! (Special training provided.) Register with Bear or, if registered, contact Renee Connaway for more information.
- Silent Auction Table Manager or Assistant. Looking for a "behind the scene" volunteer opportunity? This is a quiet job, involving the set-up and management of the Silent Auction tables, part of the Friday Night Auction. (Special training provided.) Register with Bear or, if registered, contact Renee Connaway for more information.
- Auction Registration and Check-out Clerks (April 22, Friday, 4 pm-10 pm). If you are comfortable using a computer, we will train you to use our new and very simple, web-based auction software. We will be registering and checking out bidders with this system. No experience necessary. You will have some time to enjoy the good food and music and the auction itself. If you have your own laptop that is a plus, but not a requirement. Register with Bear or, if registered, contact Renee Conaway for more information.
- Promotional Materials delivery. Give us two hours of your time. We have beautiful festival rack cards and posters to share with potential festival goers. Help us get the word out by delivering our info to businesses around town and around the county. We will provide you with a route of your liking. Register with Bear or, if registered, contact Cindy Barnes for information.
- Workshop or Jam Host. We are looking for a few folks who will greet small audiences with a smile and an introduction to the workshop presenters serving these small intimate venues taking place all day Saturday and on Sunday afternoon. We will provide the words! Along with a few other small tasks, hosts are asked to thank presenters and audience members and straighten chairs for the next event. Register with Bear or, if registered, contact Esther Morgan-Ellis for more information.
- Friends of Bear Representative: The festival runs a Friends program in which we encourage those who love our festival to help support it by making a financial contribution at one of several levels. We need folks to help man a station in the MainStage tent throughout the festival to talk to festival goers about the program and take applications. Register with Bear or, if registered, contact Sheila Fahey for more information.
- Festival Ambassador: As an ambassador you will be roam the festival greeting festival goers, distributing programs, and providing any assistance needed. Training will be provided. Two-hour shifts will be assigned. Register with Bear or, if registered, contact Jim Conaway for information.