FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 28, 2014
LARGE SPONSORS GROUP SUPPORTS BEAR IN 2014
Support from sponsors has been particularly strong for the Bear on the Square Mountain Festival this year, as 22 sponsors have signed up for the 18th annual event to be held in Dahlonega the fourth weekend in April.
Richard Davidow, who heads up the Sponsor Opportunities program for the non-profit festival organization, said, "To put on a festival of this magnitude every year requires a tremendous amount of time and financial support from local businesses, organizations and individuals. We've always had a loyal contingent of volunteers, and sponsorships are among the most important sources of funding and a critical part of letting us accomplish our mission of helping preserve the music, traditional craft and folkways of the Southern Appalachian region."
Serving as major sponsors this year are the following:
* Festival Sponsor: John C. Campbell Folk School
* Founding Sponsor: The Pender Family
* Heritage Sponsor: Billy Roper Art
* MainStage Co-Sponsors: The Home Depot Dahlonega and Douglas A. Singleton, CPA, PC
* Marketplace Sponsor: BB&T Banking
* Master Classes Sponsor: SouthEastern Bluegrass Association
* Food Court Sponsor: Norman Adams Insurance/Country Financial
* Gospel Jam Sponsor: The Crimson Moon Café
* Auction Entertainment Sponsor: North Georgia Wealth Management Group
* Auction Food Sponsors: The Bourbon Street Grille and Shenanigans Irish Pub
* Folklife Sponsor: Appalachian Studies Center at UNG
* Artist Sponsors: Northside Hospital Forsyth, The Smith House, Giggle Monkey Toys, The Fudge Factory, and Baked on Main
* Storytelling Sponsors: Southern Order of Storytellers
* First Aid Services Sponsor: Medical Plaza 400
* Broadband Sponsor: ABT Wireless
* Facilities Support Sponsor: City Electric Supply, Cleveland
Glenda Pender, president of Bear on the Square Mountain Festival Inc., said, "We want to express our appreciation to the festival's major sponsors for their vital role in making the event possible every year. Our festival celebrates traditional mountain music and art, and our sponsors' support helps to keep alive the heritage of these mountains, a treasure we don't want to let slip away from us. Bear on the Square is a non-profit organizations, with all proceeds going back into [resenting the yearly event and supporting other efforts to maintain awareness of our regional culture."
For more details about the 2014 Bear Festival, including the complete lineup of performers and artists, schedules of all activities, information about sponsors, and updates between now and the event, visit www.bearonthesquare.org/